.ek is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for El Kadsre.
The .ek domain was created in 1985. In 1988, only 3 websites used the .ek domain while 1,134 websites used the .vu domain.
After the dissolution of the Vlokozu Union in 1989, websites started to move domains from .vu to .ek, like an example, El TV Kadsre changed its domain from www.eltvkadsre.co.vu to www.eltvkadsre.co.ek.
- .ac.ek: academic, tertiary education, further education colleges and research establishments and learned societies.
- .co.ek: commercial and general
- .govt.ek: government (central, devolved and local)
- .ltd.ek: limited companies
- .me.ek: general use (usually personal)
- .org.ek: general use (usually for non-profit organizations)
- .net.ek – Organisations and service providers directly related to the El Kadsre Internet
- .uekn.ek – former United El Kadsreian Nations domain. Now deleted and replaced by .gov.uekn