on June 15, After FBN updated its DWQO-DTV's subchannels, FBN suddenly started test broadcast of Bata, along with its sister channel, Asianmatic TV, during test broadcasting, Bata only airs kids and anime shows in original English (Japanese for animes), at same day, Bata's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts was created, under temporary name, "Ang Bagong Kids Channel, Abangan na" (later renamed to "Bata Channel" during FBN Virtual Event on June 16)
on June 18, 2020, Bata's Facebook account posted that 4 presentors will reveal on June 19, 2020, however it was revealed at 12mn.
On June 23, 2020, FBN announced to sign deal with Netflix to add selection of shows that aired on Bata every Friday starting July 3 (the first set on July 3 will include Go Jetters (season 1-2), Tamagotchi!, Counterfeit Cat, Horrid Henry, Blend S and Banzi's Secret Diary, meanwhile some titles (like Lego: City Adventures (which was added last June 19), Fire Force, Pajanimals, Pucca: Love Recipe and Robot Trains) that are already available on Netflix will have "Bata" branding starting July 3), this deal will also includes old FBN shows, selection of shows that already aired on Ch28/Sobert TV and more, despite the announcement, these shows will not show in Coming Soon section, however this was also shown in Netflix Philippines July 2020 video (listed as "Bata on Netflix - New Titles Every Friday starting July 3).
on June 27, 2020, FBN acquired simulcast rights of to be announced The World Ends With You: The Animation, more details to be announced on July 4, in addional, due to worldwide sentational of one of Bata presenter, C0nkersAwa1ts, FBN will post identity reveal of C0nkersAwa1ts on June 29, 2020 at 2pm Philippine Standard Time across Bata's social media accounts, using premiere (on Facebook and YouTube) and scheduled (Twitter), as confirmed by FBN (FBN also confirms that C0nkerAwa1ts never removes her mask during Bata broadcast, including Anime Fever block), at exactly 2:13pm Philippine Standard Time, C0nkersAwa1ts's real name and identity was revealed as "Yamisho Kawaiinama", she looks cuter without her mask, on same day, FBN signed more deal with Netflix to air its original Netflix kids shows (starting with Hello Ninja, Storybots, The Baby-Sitters Club reboot, Treehouse Detectives and the Season 4 of Wakfu) and also launches "Netflix JR Philippines" and "Netflix Futures Philippines" YT channels on September 2020.
on June 30, 2020 at exactly 11pm, Bata ended its test broadcast phase, its last show to air on test broadcast was "Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun", after that, testcard with "Bata, officially launches today at 5am".
on July 1, 2020, Bata was officially launched, after official launch, Bata might offer 2 audio (meanwhile English/Japanese audio-only channel will be confirmed available on Cignal and SkyCable, while Tagalog audio shall only available via secondary audio (due to Cayetano's speech) on Digital TV box (unavailable on TV Plus due to limitation), Novacable (unavailable on some boxes) and OctaDish), at same day, Bata (along with Asianmatic TV) will be launch on cable and satellite operators (initially GSat, Novacable, OctaDish and Cignal while SkyCable originally to add Bata and Asianmatic TV on July 1, but was postponed on June 30, 2020 due to FBN and Ch28's suspension on SkyCable due to ceased and desist order of SkyDirect and Channel 43) and regional digital stations where FBN Digizer is not available (except Metro Manila, Cebu and Davao, all areas which have FBN Digizer-powered stations), its first officially broadcast video was MTRCB Rated G (similar-ish to Heart of Asia officially broadcast first video) followed by Bata ident followed by 4 Bata presenters touring on 4 block rooms (each room tour last 2 minutes) (prerecorded on June 30, 2020), after that, all four Bata presenters shouts "OUT FIRST SHOW, PAJANIMALS!" at the same time, then all 4 Bata presenters exits room via door, after that its first officially broadcast show was "Pajanimals" episode "House of Pancakes".
on July 2, 2020 at exactly 12am, SkyCable unexpectally adds Bata to temporary channel assignment which is currently occupied by Yey! (which is off-air due to alias cease and desist order), Bata on SkyCable's first show was "Fat Dog Mendoza", which was started in middle of intro.
on July 3, 2020, after netizens floods that Your Name is coming to Netflix on July 10, FBN announced that Your Name will air on Sorbet TV and Bata on July 10 (same date as Your Name release date on Netflix Philippines) at 7pm, this will have two separated audios for each channel, original Japanese audio with English subtitles (Sorbet TV) and Tagalog audio (Bata), its not first time that Your Name aired on any linear television in Philippines, it was aired on ABS-CBN, Yey! and Asianovela Channel, this was first announced on Bata's FB post's photo captioning "to celebrate Your Name coming to Netflix", however as confirmed by RJTV and NovaTV's facebook pages, it was confirmed to be simulcast on RJTV and NovaTV, via Sorbet TV programme.
on July 4, 2020, FBN announced to expand partnership with Disney in order to let Bata air Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD shows (including those already aired on ABS-CBN and TV5), starting with The Owl House (which will premiere on July 10, 2020 at 5:35pm), 101 Dalmatians Street (which will premiere on July 20 at 3:30pm) and Amphibia (which will premiere on July 27, 2020 at 10am) Disney programming on Bata will offer in English (main) and Filipino audio.
on July 8, 2020, FBN announced to move teen shows (including selected meme shows) from Sorbet TV to Bata starting September 1, 2020, in addion to that, Toddlers Zone will reduced to 4 hours, while main programming will air from 9am to 5pm, Anime Fever block will air from 8pm-2am and Nostalgic Zone will air from 2am-5am, while 5pm-8pm programming will make way for "Teens' Paradise" block, while FBN acquired rights to Nickelodeon's teen sitcoms (as ABS-CBN has rights to Nickelodeon cartoons and Nick Jr. shows) and a new preschool channel owned by FBN set to launch by end of 2020, which will named as "Kid Bata", which will enter test broadcast phase on September 1, 2020, exclusively on Novacable, while timeshare with another confirmed upcoming channel, codenamed "Sorbet Fresh", which will broadcast from 5pm-5am.
on July 11, 2020, as ABS-CBN calls truce to FBN until franchise was renewed, ABS-CBN signs deal with FBN's Bata to air Yey! programming (including acquired programming and Nickelodeon cartoons) temporarily starting July 20 until ABS-CBN's franchise renews.
on July 12, 2020, Bata announces to air Season 2 of Fire Force with new episode every Friday at 7pm starting July 17, following Aniplus and Netflix.
on July 25, 2020, FBN signed deal with ABS-CBN's Creative Programs, Omnicontent, Cable Boss and America Direct to joint distribute 8 FBN-owned channels (Bata, Asianmatic TV, neotech.tv, The Meme Channel, Groovy 107.9 TV, The Studios, WorldTerebi and TV Bay) to various cable operators (both PCTA and FICTAP members) effectively August 1, 2020.
on July 27, 2020, in time for special Eil Al-Adha holiday for July 31, FBN announced to air Malaysian preschool CGI show, Nuri on its dedicated kids channel, Bata on Monday-Friday at 9am-9:20am, starting July 31, most likely due to Siti (main character/owner of her pet parrot, Nuri)'s family are confirmed muslims as Siti wears hijab most of time.
on August 1, 2020, FBN revealed presenter of Teens' Paradise block will be "Tenishima Akinosho", lived in Gau and works Zoom.
List of programming
Toddlers Zone (5am-10am)
This aimed for kids aged 3-8 years old
during test broadcast phase, this block was extended to 12pm
- Go Jetters
- Ruff-Ruff, Tweet and Dave
- Kody Kopow
- Abby Hatcher
- The Comfy Couch
- Dinosaur Train
- Sid the Science Kid
- Hey Duggee
- Fireman Sam
- Where's Wally? (titled as technically "Where's Waldo?" despite original name being shown on titlecard but technically retitled name only shown in promos)
- Robot Trains
- Earth to Luna!
- Rastamouse (reedited mainly drugs-related things to reduce crimes regarding illegal drugs)
- Shimajiro: A World of Wow!
- Cleo & Cuquin
Main programming (10am-6pm)
This aimed for kids 9-13 and teens 14-18
during test broadcast phase, it was shorten from 8 hours to 6 hours.
- Zip Zip
- Counterfeit Cat
- Horrid Henry
- Thunderbirds Are Go!
- Supa Strikers
- Running Man Animation
- Kitty is not a Cat
- Pucca: Love Recipe
- Kral Sakir (titled as "The King Couger")
- Skatoony (UK version)
- Toon Marty
- The ZhuZhus
- Banzi's Secret Diary
- The Day My Butt Went Psycho!
- Sushi Pack
- League of the Super Evil
- Viva Piñata
Anime Fever (6pm-11pm)
this aimed for teens 14-18 and young adult 19-24
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Fire Force
- SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Dosen't Exist (titled as just "Shimoneta")
- Blend S
- Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
- Mob Psycho 100
- Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World
- Yu Yu Hakusho (retitled as "Ghost Fighter") (shared with GMA)
- Classroom of the Elite
Nostalgic Zone (11pm-5am)
This aimed for adult 19-40 due to nostalgia nature, simular-ish to NickRewind.
- Blazing Dragons
- Fat Dog Mendoza
- The Raccoons
- Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
- Archie's Weird Mysteries
- The Jetsons
- City Hunter (1980s anime)
- The Haunted House (July 13, 2020)
- Lego City Adventures (July 13, 2020)
- Meta Runner (July 4, 2020)
- Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese (July 6, 2020)
- The Owl House (July 10, 2020)
- 31 Minutos (titled as "31 Minutes of Puppet Sketches" in promos, according to leak, the titlecard will still say "31 Minutos") (July 20, 2020)
- 101 Dalmatians Street (July 20, 2020)
- Team Yey! (July 20, 2020)
- The Loud House (July 20, 2020)
- The Bagel and Becky Show (July 25, 2020)
- Amphibia (July 27, 2020)
- Big Hero 6: The Series (August 1, 2020)
- Tales of Arcadia (Book 1, Trollhunters) (August 17, 2020)
- Alien TV (August 2020)
- Chuck's Choice (August 17, 2020)
- Big City Greens (August 3, 2020)
- DuckTales (2017) (August 3, 2020)
- Star vs the Forces of Evil (August 10, 2020)
- The Boss Baby: Back in Business (August 8, 2020)
- Wander Over Yonder (August 17, 2020)
- The Next Step (August 24, 2020)
- Cleopatra in Space (September 2020)
- Wakfu (season 4) (under Netflix deal) (September 2020)
- The Baby-Sitters Club (reboot) (under Netflix deal) (September 2020)
- The 7D (September 2020)
- Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege (October 30, 2020) (rest two of trilogy installments (Earthrise and Kingdom) will release soon 3 months after being release on Netflix as confirmed by FBN.)
- Annie & Carola (TBA 2020)
- Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (January 2021)
- Dot. (July 16, 2020)
- Molang (July 22, 2020)
- Nuri (FBN English dub) (July 31, 2020)
- Ready Jet Go! (August 17, 2020)
- Kazoops! (August 17, 2020)
- Oh Yuck! (August 17, 2020)
- Mickey Mouse Mixed Up Adventures (August 3, 2020)
- T.O.T.S. (August 10, 2020)
- Hello Ninja (under Netflix deal) (September 2020)
- Treehouse Detectives (under Netflix deal) (September 2020)
- Ask the Storybots and Storybots Super Songs (merged and retitled as just "Storybots") (under Netflix deal) (September 2020)
- Dr Panda (September 2020)
- Super Monsters (under Netflix deal) (October 1, 2020)
- Chico Bon Bon: The Monkey with Tool Belt (under Netflix deal) (October 2020)
- Archibald's Next Big Thing (December 2020)
- Scum's Wish (July 13, 2020)
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (July 6, 2020)
- Trigun (July 4, 2020)
- Fire Force (Season 2) (July 17, 2020)
- Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (July 20, 2020)
- My Hero Academia (July 25, 2020)
- Japan Sinks: 2020 (August 2, 2020)
- Darling in the Franxx (August 10, 2020)
- Pop Team Epic (August 15, 2020)
- Knights of Sidonia (August 2020)
- Mob Psycho 100 (season 2) (September 1, 2020)
- Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (September 2020)
- K (October 2020)
- K: Seven Stories (December 2020)
- Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World (season 2) (January 2021)
- The World Ends With You: The Animation (simulcast) (2021)
- Zoey 101 (September 1, 2020)
- The Good Place (September 1, 2020) (moving from Sorbet TV)
- iCarly (September 1, 2020)
- Wizards of Wavery Place (September 1, 2020)
- Loop (retitled as "[V] Loop") (September 1, 2020)
- The Thundermans (September 1, 2020)
- Just Roll with It (September 2, 2020)
- Knight Squad (September 3, 2020)
- The Flash (September 4, 2020) (moving from Sorbet TV)
- Henry Danger (September 5, 2020)
- SMG4 (censored some inappropriate content for teen viewing as confirmed by FBN) (September 6, 2020)
- Wizards of Warna Walk (September 7, 2020)
List of presenters
during July 1-31, 2020, the presenters will use Zoom to host, as the rooms used for Bata channel (although it was revealed on June 19) is under disinfection.
Main presenter of Toddlers Zone
A 23-year old Filipino boy who obsessed with Preschool toys and stuff, unlike other young adults who dont need these cuddly toys.
Milo De Santos
Main presenter of Bata Channel (12pm-6pm)
A 29-year old Brazillian-Filipino boy who obsessed with funny kids shows, also teen shows.
C0nkersAwa1ts (Real name: Yamisho Kawaiinama)
Main presenter of Anime Fever, however, this presenter became meme worldwide over her mask.
A mysterious Scratchian-Filipino girl who hides all of her identity with her magical mask, she is able to watch anime, chatting on Discord, making fanart and more at same time, thanks to her magical mask, she might reveal her identity sooner
Main presenter of Nostalgic Zone
A 35 year old Gauese-Filipino who remembers what he do in 80s, 90s and 2000s, like playing Super Mario World on his Super Famicom, watching old cartoons with his friend and listening to new wave music