Holsworthy, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 46 minutes from the Sydney CBD. It is operated by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products and Great Australian Resorts Pty. Ltd., through a joint-venture of The Walt Disney Company and Great Australian Resorts. Construction began in 1996. It opened on February 11, 2000 with a theme park, Disneyland Sydney, and a water park, Disney's Aussie Beach. A third theme park, Disney's Studio Park, opened in 2005.The Disneyland Australia Resort is a vacation resort located in
The park and the nearby Holsworthy Barracks are in a designated "development area" bordering the Heathcote National Park. Several travelers criticized Disney's move to have it to a location near an Army facility.
- Disneyland Sydney, opened on February 11, 2000. The park is based on it's sister parks in Anaheim, California, Bay Lake, Florida, and Tokyo, Japan.
- Disney's Aussie Beach, opened on February 11, 2000. The park has a theme of the Australian coastline and surfer culture. This is a waterpark.
- Disney's Studio Park, opened on January 8, 2005. The park is based on Disney's Hollywood Studios in Bay Lake, Florida and Walt Disney Studios Park in Marne-la-Vallée, France.
- Disney Grand Australasian Hotel - Opened in 2002, themed to Australia
- Disney's Aussie Beach Hotel - Opened in 2002, with several guest rooms overlooking the park itself. The art deco-inspired exterior of the hotel provides much of the theming for the Hang 1 area of Disney's Aussie Beach.
- Disneyland Australia Hotel - Opened in 2010. Featuring Victorian theming and located adjacent to the entrance of the park. First hotel after opening.
- Great Australian Holsworthy Casino & Hotel - Opened in 2006. An AU$50 million investment into the resort, and the second casino of Great Australian Resorts in the Sydney area. Was heavily inspired by Mohegan Sun in the United States.
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Holsworthy
- Marriott Holsworthy
- Radisson Blu Holsworthy
- Rodeway Inn Holsworthy
- Quality Inn & Suites Holsworthy
- Travelodge D.A.R. Holsworthy
- This is the only Disney park to have the Winter event in June/July, although they have a seperate christmas event in December.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.