- This is an article about the television channel. For the programming block, see ETVKK (programming block).
ETVKK (an initialism of El TV Kadsre Kids) is an El Kadsreian free-to-air youth television channel operated by El TV Kadsre Television Network. It was launched on February 11, 1998, as a spin-off from El TV Kadsre's children's program block of the same name, ETVKK broadcasts for 24 hours-per-day on Freeview, cable, IPTV and digital satellite. ETVKK is primarily aimed at viewers 3 to 21 years old; a sister channel known as ETVKPS serves a younger audience. ETVKK has been named Channel of the Year at the Kids & Family EKAFTA Awards several times since 2001.
The channel was launched on digital television as a spin-off of the television programming block of the same name on February 11, 1998, with initial presenters Lillie Pemberton and JP Reeve. The first program aired was Arthur, and it and PB&J Otter are the only series to have consistently aired on ETVKK since the channel's first year on-air. Between 1998 and 2003, ETVKK began reairing older episodes of the Mr. Driller anime (mainly random ones from 1986 to 1995). ETVKK also gained traction by airing youth-oriented sports shows from the WWF, WCW, and the USHRA Monster Jam.
In 2006, it was launched on Freeview digital terrestrial television.
On August 31, 2016, El TV Kadsre reveals a new set of ETVKK logos. The channel was rebranded on October 2nd of that year.
On February 2, 2018, after Mia de Jesus was appointed the head of ETVKK and ETVKPS, she had ETVKK and ETVKPS converted to 24-hour and 16-hour channels respectively. At 10:00pm, ETVKK begins airing teen/young adult-oriented shows and repeats of certain older ETVKK shows. A plan to have both channels air for 16 hours a day failed due to lack of interest from ETVKK's viewers, especially on the official ETVKK fan forum Yoko's Room.
In October 2018, ETVKK's mascot became Loeki de Leeuw.
In November 2019, El TV Kadsre announced that ETVKPS would be rebranded to ETVKK Jr. at a unspecificed date, and also announced the upcoming ETVKK spinoff channels ETVKK Max (action and adventure series plus uncut anime), ETVKK Occult (cult classic series & films), ETVKK Moviepark (films and original series), ETVKK Chan (female-oriented series), and Transformer Central (an all-Transformers channel).
The channel tapes segments and records live at El TV Kadsre Television Centre.
- JP Reeve (1998-present)
- Sapphire (2018-present)
- Jamie Jamee Stephens (2013-present)
- Joshua von Schweetz (2000-present)
- Cody Horsden (2000-present)
- Marky G. (2010-present)
- Barnaby Leggott (late 2017-present)
- Denny Joe (2003-present)
- Ji Chang (2015-present)
- Scott Gwendolyn (2014-present)
- Rodrigo Pabelic Acuña (2019-present)
- Robert Hendrikse (2019-present)
- Samantha Kay Jordan (2019-present)
- Kendall Masopust (1998-present)
Motors & Men & Stuff
- Marcelino Aragonés (2018-present)
- Bruno Xavi Ormazábal (2016-present)
- Paulie Andreoli (2001-present)
- Sorley Ó Rothláin (2019-present)
- Lillie Pemberton (1998-2005, retired from the television industry for undisclosed reasons)
- Jackie Clarcher de la Vil (2008-2017, left for personal reasons)
- Leo Sullivan (1998-2001, occasionally appears once in a while)
- Main article: List of programs broadcast by ETVKK
ETVKK still airs some preschool programming as a planned merger with sister channel ETVKPS is in the idea stages. Some airs weekdays at 8am to 10am and weekends at 6am to 7am.
ETVKK airs children's content at 5am to 9pm.
ETVKK's teenage programming started in 2003 with airings of Kevin Spencer, What's With Andy?, and the MTM syndicated version of Rescue 911. The first was passed M, the second G, and the third swapped ratings between PG and M.
ETVKK's young adults programming started in 2018 with airings Father Ted, which airs content at 7pm to 5am.
Age range schedule
Weekdays (April 2020)
- 5:00am-8:00am: Kids
- 8:00am-10:00am: Preschool (ETVKK Jr.)
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Education
- 12:00pm-3:00pm: Kids
- 3:00pm-6:00pm: Kids/Teenagers
- 6:00pm-10:00pm: Family (including kids and teenagers)
- 10:00pm-5:00am: Young adults
Weekends (April 2020)
- 6:00am-7:00am: Preschool (ETVKK Jr.)
- 7:00am-10:00am: Kids
- 10:00am-5:00pm: Kids/Teenagers
- 5:00pm-10:00pm: Family (including kids and teenagers)
- 10:00pm-5:00am;: Young adults
- Main article: Wolf Howl#Criticism and controversy
Wolf Howl has been met with criticism (which ETVKK's JP Reeve jokingly called "free publicity" in a telephone interview) because ETVKK original programs prior to Wolf Howl were aimed at children, and Wolf Howl is the first to be to aimed towards an older demographic. Much of the criticism led to the show gaining poor reviews from many critics (including TheDailyVid.com calling it "the worst teen drama on El Kadsreian television" in a later-partially retracted statement in one video).
- United States - Due to Seahaus' proximity to New Hampshire and Maine, it is carried on some New England cable and satellite providers, including Comcast Xfinity systems in Worcester County and Hillsborough County.
- Canada - Due to Seahaus' proximity to Nova Scotia, it is carried on some Atlantic Canada cable and satellite providers.