in September 1, 1993 at 4:30am, FBN was officially launched from 7 initial stations, its first officialy broadcasted show was 3 and a half hour special, "Welcome FBN", at that time, FBN was owned by Fujisenkai Corporation (until 2019, when Fujisenkai decided to sell FBN Corporation to Aberic Holdings)
in March 11, 1996, FBN International News (via FBN News at 6) shows a report about Fuji TV has moved its headquaters along with plans to move FBN and DZJP headquaters from Quezon City to Laguna (following Fuji TV's headquaters move), however the move was success on April 18, 1996, on same day, similar to Fuji TV special sign off following the move late March 10, FBN's special sign off sequence was black and white DZJP Headquater shot cicra late 1967, 4 videos are consisted NHK (1953-1960), Fuji TV (1960-1967), NBC 15 era (1967-1993) and FBN (1993-1996) followed by message and then normal sign-off notice and National anthem and then filler ident (similar to Fuji TV filler) where taken place in NAIA runaway with a Philippine Airline flight and the music was "Manila" by Hotdog, rather than Ramp Up.
on between 2008-2009, FBN became popular and went number 2 in entire Philippines (behind PhiNet) as it airs Tagalog-dubbed Studio Ghibli movies (such as My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away and Whispers of the Heart) on its Kaibigan Movie Time and also airs Eurovision Song Content.
on 2010s, ZOE's Light TV has agreed with FBN to use its "Kaibigan" word.
on 2018, FBN went unexpectedaly went extremely popular (among worldwide and of course Philippines) over Journal Philippines's report about Smokey Mountain's song, The Coconut Song went popular all over the world.
on June 7, 2020, after FBN knows ABS-CBN took rights of 2GETHER: The Series, FBN signed deal with Netflix to air one of Netflix Original K-Dramas, "Crash Landing on You" due to popularity of Hyun Bin, this is similar to One Screen airing Riverdale and ABS-CBN aired A Korean Odyssey (another Netflix Original), as Hwayugi.
on June 30, 2020, at exactly 5:13pm, FBN (along with Ch28) halted its operations on SkyCable and SkyDirect (also postpone addiction of Bata and Asianmatic TV on SkyCable until further notice) after Ch28 News Updates (unexpectedly interupts My Shy Boss (FBN) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Ch28) at exactly 5:10pm), the last words on FBN and Ch28's broadcast on SkyCable and SkyDirect was "FBN and Ch28 will be temporarily halt on SkyCable and SkyDirect until SkyDirect's operations resumes, because of NTC forces Channel 43 and SkyDirect to impose cease and desist order, this has been FBN and Ch28's final broadcasting on SkyCable and SkyDirect for now, FBN and Ch28 will continue on digital TV, other analog terrestrial stations other platforms like FBN Digizer, our live broadcast on FBN Live website and other cable operators, this is FBN and Ch28 now signing off on SkyCable and SkyDirect and this has been Ch28 News Updates", after few seconds, infocard about FBN and Ch28 replaced rest of programs (FBN and Ch28/Sorbet TV) on SkyCable and SkyDirect, however on July 10, 2020 at exactly 7pm, Sorbet TV and FBN programming was resumed on SkyCable, its first show (on SkyCable) was Journal Philippines (FBN) and Your Name (Sorbet TV).
on July 7, 2020, FBN announced to air Your Name, on July 10, 8pm, via its Facebook post said "FBN will air Your Name delayed (from Sorbet TV and Bata) on July 10 at 8pm, gayunpaman My Fellow Citizens! maaantala sa 10pm para sa July 10, salamat po", on July 9, 2020, despite Your Name unavailability on Netflix in rest of Southeast Asia, some countries and most recently, Australia, FBN confirmed that Your Name will also air on FBNi.
on July 10, 2020, after congress denies ABS-CBN franchise, congress to renew Filipino Broadcasting Corporation franchise for another 50 years, as Duterte loves FBN (as it never airs Anti-Duterte and related ads), leading to most people knowing FBN might be the new ABS-CBN and some people oppose this this with #BoycottAbericandFBNFranchise hashtag as some people known FBN is cursing Philippine media and media freedom, which is not true, according to FBN, on same day, FBN, via Aberic Holdings to consider buying ABS-CBN's TV, FM and AM radio, operations of ABS-CBN TV Plus, KBO and SkyCable from ABS-CBN by sooner, causing many TVPlus subscribers fears about TVPlus might merge with FBN Digizer.
on July 11, 2020, similar-ish to ABC (from Australia)'s 5 year Plan, FBN announces 2 year Plan, to launch channel, dedicated to culture, arts, religion and education, codenamed "Arts of Manila", making 60% content outside of its headquaters and studio at Laguna and signing more deals with streaming services (like iflix, Netflix, forthcoming Disney+, Apple TV and Prime Video).
on late 2020, FBN signed even more deal with Netflix to bring 2000 hours of its original content (including Kokey: The Series, Meet Us at Singapore, Best of Lindol Republic, Detective of Nakumigan City and Ang Dalawang Faced Aso) to Netflix, starting August 6, 2020, however its content is not just available on Philippines but will also available on Netflix's Taugaran, Ringia and Stevia catalogue.
on July 19, 2020, FBN announced that SMG4 is coming to FBN (with text translation of subtitles (mostly speaking) to Tagalog and dubbing of selected characters (like Fishy Boopkins, Bob and SMG3) as confirmed by FBN), starting on August 1, airing every weekends at 6:30pm for 1 hour starting with the episode "Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL/Stupid Mario Odyssey/Can the Villager come out to play?/Stupid Mario Odyssey 2/Mario's Late" and each 1-hour episode will have 4 to 5 episodes length and random episodes., also confirms that Lindol Republic (which was aired every weekends at 6:30pm-7:30pm until March 15 due to COVID-19 pandemic) will be cancelled due to pandemic, in addition, FBNi will also air Tagalog version of SMG4 and a YT channel to be launch by FBN, in cooperation with Glitch Productions, named as "SMG4 - Tagalog" on August 1 (launched early on July 28, 2020 with a video (which consist of fully dubbed clip of a episode, "Mario's Magical TV", where Don Resetti (voiced by Luigi Penã) hosts a commercial, however this line "Raid Shadow Legends" is only line is undubbed in this clip and after that, Luke and Kevin speak Tagalog to announces release dates of Tagalog dub premiere on FBN and all translated and dubbed SMG4 episodes (from "Thwompin' and Whompin'" to "The Internet Graveyard") on YouTube) while more episodes will be uploaded from August 1, 2020 at 12am Philippine Standard Time), also resumes long-awaited new episodes of The Masked Singer Philippines, every weekends right after SMG4.
on July 21, 2020, Aberic Holdings via FBN Corporation sold 7% stake of main FBN channel to Philippine government, begins to air #LagingHanda press breifing but only in replay every midnight before sign-off.
on July 22, 2020, FBN (along with Sorbet TV, Bata, TV Bay, neotech.tv, Groovy 107.9 TV (sans its radio counterpart) and its international counterpart, FBNi) vows to air Fireworks, in coincide with Netflix Philippines release, will be on likely at same date of Fireworks Netflix release date, most likely August 14 at 1pm (TV Bay), 7pm (Bata, neotech.tv and Groovy 107.9 TV), 7:30pm (Sorbet TV, most likely due to Japan Sinks: 2020) and right after Detective of Nakumigan City (FBN and FBNi), more details and promos to release on July 31.
on July 27, 2020, FBN (along with 6 sister channels) made an unexpected change on programming guide on July 31, putting Weathering with You (in coincide with Netflix Philippines release) at 1pm on TV Bay (for first time), 7pm (Bata, neotech.tv, Groovy 107.9 TV and Sorbet TV) and right after Journal Philippines (FBN and FBNi).
on July 31, 2020, FBN announced that DWAC 23 (with stations formerly affialated by S+A until cease and desist order, which shuts down ABS-CBN's stations) shall be acquired by FBN Corporation to launch channel airs sports (with Tagalog-dubbed Bata Channel shows) by day and arts and culture (sometimes international movies) by night, which names as "FBN Arena", which will launch on Augst 24, 2020 with test broadcast commences on August 1, 2020.
on August 1, 2020, FBN snaps deal with Nigerian production studios, EbonyLife to air its shows on FBN (with Tagalog dub) and Sorbet TV (with original audio), starting with Ojo's in d'House! (which will premiere on FBN on September 13, 2020 and Sorbet TV on August 16, 2020), as FBN wants to bring inspiring African titles to more filipinos.
List of programming
- The New Sic 'o Clock News (2004-present) (currently rerun of old episodes due to COVID-19 pandemic)
News and current affairs
- Journal Philippines (2000-present)
- Good Morning!! Kaibigan (2005-present)
- Night Balita (2007-present)
reruns due to production suspension due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Ang Dalawang Faced Aso (2005-2006, 2020-present)
- Tropa United (1993-2002, 2020-present)
- Soul Train Philippines (1993-1998, 2006-2016, 2020-present)
- Meet us at Singapore (2014-2015, 2020-present)
- Japanese Games in PH! (1993-1996, 2020-present)
- Kokey: the Series (2015-2017, 2020-present)
- Angel's Last Mission - Love (Tagalog dub) (January 13, 2020-present)
- My Shy Boss (Tagalog dub) (March 2020-present)
- My Fellow Citizens (Tagalog dub) (May 11, 2020-present)
due to production suspension due to COVID-19 pandemic
- The Masked Singer (US version) (original English for some reason) (titled as "The Masked Singer USA") (2020-present) (to remove from July 26)
All of children/anime shows aired on FBN were dubbed in Tagalog and part of "Bata FBN", this block is aimed for kids 3-13 years old while anime block (despite named as Bata FBN) aimed for teens and young adults 14-25, its block airs weekdays from 8am-9:45am, Saturdays from 6am-9:30am and Sundays from 7am-10am.
Starting July 11, 2020, due to Senator Cayetano's speak about cartoons should not dub, newly added programming (sans anime) will only air in English, starting with Horrid Henry (the only evidence about now lost tagalog dub of Horrid Henry was FBN's FB post about Horrid Henry will only air in English, the only clip was famous Henry's "NO!!!!" catchphase dubbed into "HINDI!!!!"), all remaining cartoons (except anime, which continues to remain in Tagalog dub to reach more Filipino teens, with original Japanese audio via secondary language starting Aug 1) will switch to original english (sometimes refered as "English dub" to some shows, like Kral Sakir) starting August 1, 2020.
on July 1, 2020, 3 Bata presenters (except one who presents during Toddlers Zone) began to presenters during Bata FBN block.
- Tamagotchi! (2013-present) (moved from GMA)
- Peppa Pig (Tagalog dub) (2017-present) (to be dropped on August 1)
- Kid-e-Cats (2019-present)
- Kitty is not a Cat (2019-present)
- Kral Sakir (2019-present)
- Jollitown (repeats only, as new episode aired on GMA and ABS-CBN throughout 2008-2013) (2018-present)
- Zip Zip (2018-2019, 2020-present)
- Skatoony (UK version) (2011, 2020-present)
- Where's Waldo? (April 2020-present)
- Pucca: Love Recipe (May 23, 2020-present)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (titled as just "Demon Slayer") (June 2020-present)
- Kaibigan Movie Time (Tagalog-dubbed foreign movies) (2003-present)
recurring special programming
- Eurovision Song Contest (1994-present) (usually aired delayed)
- #LagingHanda Press Briefing (July 22, 2020-present) (replays only due to regular programming)
- The Producers (Tagalog dub) (June 22, 2020)
- Kaibigan Movie Time in English (July 4, 2020) (to replace weekend edition of Kaibigan Movie Time)
- The Good Wife (TBA 2020)
- SMG4 (Tagalog translation/dub) (August 1)
- Crash Landing on You (Tagalog dub) (August 3, 2020)
- Ojo's in d'House! (Tagalog dub) (September 13, 2020)
- Charmed (reboot) (season 2) (September 2020)
- Warrior Nun (Tagalog dub) (October 2020)
- Cursed (Tagalog dub, retitled as "Maltida", due to Spanish language being used sometimes in Philippines.) (October 2020)
- Lucifer (Tagalog dub) (October 2020)
- Dark (Tagalog dub) (October 2020)
- Japan Sinks: 2020 (Tagalog dub) (October 2020)
- Ju-On Origins (Tagalog dub) (November 2020)
- How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) (Tagalog dub) (November 2020)
- Locked Out (Tagalog dub, retitled as "Vis A Vis") (December 2020)
- Roswell: New Mexico (Tagalog dub) (January 2021)
- Sweet Munchies (TBA)
- Confession (TBA)
- Horrid Henry (July 11, 2020)
- Powerbirds (July 15, 2020)
- Running Man Animation (July 18, 2020)
- Counterfeit Cat (July 19, 2020)
- Go Jetters (season 2) (August 3, 2020) (also on Kidszone)
- Alien TV (September 2020)
- Fire Force (September 2020)
- Pat the Dog (October 2020)
- Cleopatra in Space (late 2020)
- Archibald's Next Big Thing (TBA 2021)
programming temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 pandemic
programming may resume taping by late July and likely to air on August 2020.
- Aking Agents (February-March 2020) (resumes on August 17)
- The Masked Singer Philippines (2019-2020) (resumes on August 1, 2020)
- Dying Hearts (January-March 2020) (resumes on August 17)
- The Crazy Costume Wearer (2019-2020) (resumes on August 17)
- Detective of Nakumigan City (2015-2020) (resumes on August 3)
News and current affairs
- FBN News at 6/11 (6: 1993-2000; 11: 1993-2007)
- Today Philippines (1993-2005)
replay of rival broadcasters' older shows
- Sic O' Clock News (2001-2004)
- The Sharon Cuneta Show (2009-2015)
- T.O.D.A.S. (2016-2018)
- Unsolved Mysteries (1993-2001)
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (original English audio, 1993-1998, Tagalog dub, 2007-2012)
- Weird Science (1997-1998) (moved to Sorbet TV)
- Soul Train (titled as "Soul Train USA") (1993-2008)
- Welcome to Waikiki (Tagalog dub) (titled as "Koreans at Waikiki") (season 1, 2018; season 2, December 16, 2019-May 8, 2020)
- Project S: The Series (2019-January 10, 2020)
- Full House (1999-2005)
- 2GETHER: The Series (planned to air on late 2020, but cancelled, moved to Kapamilya Channel)
- X-Play (titled as "TechTV X-Play" (2003-2005) and "G4 X-Play" (2005-present)) (2003-2013)
- Charmed (reboot) (season 1) (November 2019-March 2020)
- Bananas in Pajamas (2000-2008) (moved to NFCR)
- Go Jetters (season 1) (2016-2017) (later moved to GS Kids)
- Ruff Ruff, Tweet and Dave (2016-2018)
- Counterfeit Cat (2017-2020)
- Kimba the White Lion (1994-1997)
- Pound Puppies (2014-2017)
- Birdz (2004-2006)
- Blend S (2019)
- Twirlywoos (2017-2019)
- Saved by the Bell (1999-2008)
- Sid the Science Kid (2011-2012)
- Archie's Weird Mysteries (2002-2005)
- The Big Comfy Couch (2009-2012)
- Sushi Pack (2009-2011)
- Fat Dog Mendoza (2002-2004)
- League of the Super Evil (2011-2014)
- Shimajiro: A World of Wow! (2013-2020, moved to Bata)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (1996-2000, 2005-2006, 2013-2014, 2018-2019)
- The Mr. Men Show (2009-2014)
- Viva Piñata (2008-2017)
List of affiliates
- DZJP-DTV 15 Manila
- DZHO-TV 53 Laguna
- DZHB 49 Quezon
- DYSE 17 Palawan
- DXFK 19 Zamboanga
- DYLQ 14 Cebu
- DXSQ 18 Davao