Gabriel Garza: Coupled (released in Japan as Gabriel x Claire's Troubled Paradise) is a platform video game based on the animated television series Gabriel Garza, developed by Gingo Interactive and published by Universal Interactive. It was originally released in late 2003 for the PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, and Microsoft Windows. Coupled was the first Gabriel Garza game to feature cel shading, in vein of the original series, and was the last game based on the series to be developed by Gingo Interactive until 2019's Gabriel Garza Superb Trilogy. The game follows Gabriel Garza and his girlfriend Claire Jones as they get lost together while trying to defend Sinking Spring from an invasion of the main antagonist Vio and his henchmen.
Upon release, the game received mixed to positive reviews from critics, who commended its graphics, humor, and writing, while some unfavorably compared its gameplay to Ico; some considered it to be an improvement over 2001's Gabriel Garza: Vio's Return. As of 2007, over two million copies of the game have been sold.
Gabriel Garza: Coupled is a free-roaming platform game in which its plot is pushed forward by going through levels. Tokens littered throughout the levels can be collected to unlock extras such as concept art. In addition, the player also collects coins, which may be used for opening some locked doors. Gabriel is occasionally accompanied by a second character, in this case his girlfriend Claire Jones.
The most significant feature is the ability to switch control between Gabriel and Claire; other features include the couple's ability to pick up objects and characters. In some areas of the game, either Gabriel or Claire will go solo. The player must steer the scrapping pair around obstacles to reach their goal.
- Debi Derryberry as Gabriel Garza and Additional Voices
- E.G. Daily as Claire Jones and Additional Voices
- Jim Cummings as Vio, Joe and Additional Voices
- Rob Paulsen as Roge Garza and Additional Voices
- Billy West as Mikey and Additional Voices
- Charlie Adler as Maxio and Additional Voices
- Jeff Bennett as Big Guy and Additional Voices
- Other Additional Voices by: Dee Baker, Bob Bergen, Corey Burton, Bill Farmer, Jess Harnell, Tom Kenny, Carolyn Lawrence