Moi is a French-language television network carried in association with public television stations created for the United States French-American market.
Moi was launched on March 19, 2003 with a stated mission to entertain, educate and inspire families in French with a mix of original productions, exclusive premieres, acquisitions, and French-dubbed versions of popular public television programs from PBS and American Public Television.
The channel was the first venture of the media production and distribution company Moi Television LLC: a joint-venture of French media company AB Groupe, Société Radio-Canada (the French unit of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), WGBH Educational Foundation (the owners of the Boston PBS affiliates WGBH-TV & WGBX-TV and the Springfield PBS affiliate WGBY-TV), and American Public Television.
The children's brand Mini Moi was initially presented by the "Bande d'Mini": consisting of Jacques-Désiré Buljubašić, Emmanuelle Clérico, Christophe Charroin, Anne-Sophie Delcroix, Claude Bajolière, Françoise Hamdan, and Hubert Cloutier. In 2006, Françoise Hamdan left and was replaced by Ghyslaine Azaïs.
In 2006, Telemundo began providing French-dubbed versions of their programs to Moi, starting with the popular Caso Cerrado court program, dubbed in French as "Affaire fermée", with Marie-Line Landerwijn dubbing over Ana María Polo and with other dubbing participants being Frederik Haùgness and Jean-Michel Vovk.
The network broadcasts a variety of programming in French.
- Franco-American-focused lifestyle content: health, parenting, travel, food, home, design, self-improvement and sports programs
- Prime-time drama series, including French-dubbed versions of several television dramas (Le Seigneur du Ciel, Fausse identité, La dame en dignité, Siècle magnifique, Un passage du temps, and Elif)
- News and current affairs, such as Arrêtez Les Presses avec Charles-Édouard Groenendijk and Ludovic D'Amboise enquête
- Nature documentaries from BBC, National Geographic and PBS
- French films and TV miniseries
- Original TV series such as Geoffrey et Matthias en tournée (a comical travel program hosted by Geoffrey and Matthias Duverger of Flèche TV's Le monde de Geoffrey et Matthias)
- Weekly arts and pop culture specials
- Educational children's programs in French (40 hours a week)