Ryu Judoku (born July 23, 1961) is a Japanese-El Kadsreian singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and lead vocalist for Rinava.
He was born to Japanese-El Kadsreian mother and Australian-El Kadsreian father. Ryu has been married to Kenyan actress Linda Grundy since 1995.
During his childhood, he and his family moved multiple times, settling in Eirabourne when he was 12. He met Kenelm Clarkson and Jaylin Rounds for the first time during a move, and have been friends ever since.
Ryu was highly critical of Blender magazine for several years. In 2007, he called their "50 Worst Songs Ever" list "the wet dream of a annoyed music critic who's only listened to The Beatles for all his life." In response, Blender issued an statement claiming that the "50 Worst Songs Ever" list was protected by freedom of speech and was based on their readership's opinions and views, to which Ryu responded by mailing the magazine a piece of paper with "Bullsh**" written on it.
He started as a vocalist for Rinava (then known as The Miros).
He began his acting career when he and Rinava made an appearance on The Devons Movie, where they hire Zachary Devon to play for Kouki Ueda while his hands recover from a small accident in the film. In the movie, they perform a cover of Elvis Costello's Pump It Up, which was released as a single from the official soundtrack, but only charted in El Kadsre, peaking at #62.
The Miros era (1977-1984)
As a solo artist
- G&L SC-2 (original in Himalayan Blue since 1983)
- G&L ASAT Special (since 2019)
- Fender Swinger (Olympic White since 1979)
- Eastwood Moonsault (Metallic Blue since 2018)
- La Baye 2x4 (original 1967 version in Red since 1979)
- Dean Budweiser Bowtie (since 1989)
- Fender Starcaster (original in Natural since 1979; reissues in Aged Cherry Burst and Natural Maple since 2017)
- Gibson Explorer (in Antique Natural since 2019)
- Gibson Explorer E2 (in Opaque Green since 1980 and in Candy Apple Red since 1983)
- Gibson 2019 Explorer B-2 (in Satin Ebony since 2019)
- Gibson Corvus (in Ultra Violet since 1983)
- EVH Striped Series 5150 (since 2018)
- EVH Striped Series Shark (since 2019)
- Custom "Driller Killer" (red, since 2002)
- Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster (in Dakota Red since 2019)
- Fender California Newporter Player (in Ice Blue Satin since 2019)
- Marshall amplifiers and amp heads
- Shure wireless systems
- Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal (since the 1980s)
- Animals Pedal I Was A Wolf In The Forest Distortion Effects Pedal (since 2019)
- Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek Big Muff Distortion Pedal (since the 2000s)
- Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah Pedal (since 2019)
- Ernie Ball Paradigm Super Slinky Electric Strings
- Ernie Ball Paradigm Not Even Slinky Electric Guitar Strings
- Ernie Ball Paradigm Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings
- Pig Hog Instrument Cables
- Gibson Austin Premium Comfort Guitar Strap (in Brown since 2019)
- Gibson The Vintage Saddle Leather Guitar Strap (in Brown since 2019)