Self Radio is an El Kadsreian radio network owned by Radio Network United El Kadsreian Nations. Self Radio broadcasts locations throughout mainland El Kadsre via terrestrial FM, and worldwide via the Internet. Self Radio airs an adult contemporary format, covering a wide range of genres. It reaches approximately 650,800 listeners weekly, making it the second largest commercial radio station network in El Kadsre. The network's head office and main studios are based in El Kadsre City, where all of the programmings is produced.
- 1 History
- 2 Features
- 3 Transmitters
- 4 Organization
- 5 Slogans
- 6 Weekdays radio programs
- 7 Weekends radio programs
- 8 See also
Self Radio was founded in the early 1980s as three separate commercial music stations owned by Radio El Kadsre in El Kadsre City, Caelum and Capulco. The name is derived from the former call signs of the stations: Music FM and Independence FM. Self-denoted a Radio El Kadsre commercial station and Radio stood for Music. The stations were carved off to RNUEKN in 1996, and Self Radio spread across the country, originally as three separate networks before finally merging to form one nationwide network in 2000.
In 2001 more changes were made and this time Capulco and El Kadsre City were integrated into the network. The El Kadsre City studio was closed altogether with Self Radio Capulco drive announcer Tyler Greese and producer William Maigs moved to Glonisla to present a nationwide drive show. Caelum Self Radio remained local but local El Kadsre City breakfast announcers Hyaki Poroto, George Ressie and Peter Oniorn became the hosts of a new nationwide breakfast show still presented from El Kadsre City. At first, some breakfast show content in El Kadsre City varied to the rest of the country such as separate news bulletins and the final hour of the show only being heard in El Kadsre City, by 2002 the breakfast show was the same in all regions.
Early internet streams of Music FM (now Self Radio) date back between the late-1980s to the mid-1990s when Capulco had an internet stream available on their website. For most of the 2000s the El Kadsre City, stations could be streamed online. In December 2010, the station launched a new online stream of Independence FM, where in an El Kadsre radio first, the stream became the 20th Independence FM station to connect to the network in the same way regional markets do. The change meant Independence FM Online now had its own imaging & commercials. Local ads, weather, and traffic were removed from the online station.
In line with all RNUEKN stations, Independence FM became available on iHeartRadio after its El Kadsreian launch in April 2013.
On May 17, 2013, Radio Network United El Kadsreian Nations confirmed that Independence FM would become Self Radio, and on May 29 the change took effect. The Independence FM brand ended at 10:00 pm the previous evening, and Self Radio brand was used from breakfast that morning at 6:00 am, following several hours of stunting with "Any Way You Want It" by Journey. The first song played under the new format was "Scream & Shout" by will.i.am featuring Britney Spears.
On April Fools Day 2016 at 8:55 am, residents of Caelum woke to find yellow fliers posted around their neighborhoods warning them of "Operation Killer Bees." Apparently, there was to be widespread aerial spraying later that day to eradicate a killer bee population that had made its way into the area. Residents were warned to stay indoors from 9 am until 2:30 pm. On the bottom of the flier the name of an official government contractor was listed: A+ Pest Removal Ideas LLC (For Outside Our Limits). The first letters of this contractor spelled out "April Fool." Few people got the joke. Radio and television stations received numerous calls, as did the Agriculture Department of the United El Kadsreian Nations. Many worried residents stayed inside all day, watching anxiously for the pest-control planes. The prank was organized by students at Michael Vlokozu Memorial High School and Self Radio.
Self Radio has been broadcast via satellite since 1988 and some of its programs also air on some community radio stations in El Kadsre.
- UKV-FM - 89.1 MHz (El Kadsre City)
- UGN-FM - 105.5 MHz (Glonisla)
- UEM-FM - 91.5 MHz (Eirabourne)
- UEV-FM - 90.6 MHz (Capulco)
- UHK-FM - 105.3 MHz (Caelum)
- UTC-FM - 102.5 MHz (North Comoeys City/South Comoeys City)
- UMC-FM - 80.2 MHz (Sankuro)
- MAD-FM - 95.9 MHz (Madwyn)
- ZSR-LP - 87.7 MHz (Okudaka)
Self Radio broadcast time in 24 hours from Monday to Sunday. In principle, six o'clock is the day break. As a general rule, a single-sponsored 54-minute program is broadcast from evening to night on Saturdays and Sundays, and a wide program is broadcast at other times.
The music "Across The View" (Richard Burmer), which is played just before the end of broadcast on Sundays, has been a popular song since the test broadcast before the opening of the station.
Singin' Clock is used in the time signal is radio station. It takes the from of a song instead of a second-by-second electronic sound, and woman puts on loose music.
- Good morning. It's five o'clock, from the Self Radio Singin' Clock. (2013-present)
- Good morning. It's six o'clock, from the Self Radio Singin' Clock. (2013-present)
- Where music never ends (1980-1990)
- 10 years and beyond (1990)
- Hits music today (1990-1997)
- Today's hit music (1997-2020)
- Welcome to new millennium (2000)
- The 30 years of today's hit music (2010)
- #SelfRadioMusicHits (2018-2019)
- Today's hit music. Always (2019-2020)
- Your musical choice (2020-present)
Weekdays radio programs
- Self Radio Morning Show [Monday-Thursday]
- Step One [Monday-Thursday]
- El Kadsre Radio United [Friday]
- Good Neighbours [Monday-Thursday]
- Groovy Hits [Monday-Thursday]
- Coca-Cola World Top 100 [Friday]
- Holden Drive in El Kadsre [Friday]
- Late Friday Show [Friday]
- Jam The World [Monday-Thursday]
- Son of Music [Monday-Thursday]
- Gus and Eddy [Monday-Wednesday]
- American Top 40 [Thursday]
- Innovation World [Friday]
- One by One [Friday]
- Tui Beer Otoajito [Friday]
- Lexus Crossing Lounge [Friday]
- Spotify Musix [Friday]
Weekends radio programs
- Self Radio Rocks [Saturday]
- V Energy Up [Saturday]
- Pop of The World [Saturday]
- Dunkin' Donuts Holes [Saturday]
- The Monsters in the Morning (WTKS-FM 104.1 Real Radio) [Sunday]
- El Kadsreian Top 100 [Saturday]
- Hit 10 UK [Saturday]
- Seasons [Saturday]
- Tokio Hot 100 [Sunday] (J-Wave 81.3 Tokyo)
- Nightline [Saturday/Sunday]