Star Web (stylized as STARweb) is a discontinued web browser created and developed by Theorysonic. It was created in 1989 to replace Theorynet. It is currently the longest-supporting web browser after Netspace Navigator ended support in 2006. In 2016, Theorysonic announced Star Web will be replaced by Red Star when TSUG X7 is released in 2017. The last major release of Star Web is version 57, released on the same day of the launch of Red Star and TSUG. Theorysonic will continue doing updates of Star Web until the end of 2017.
With the release of TS-UGOS FT, Star Web was redesigned with flat UI.
- Tabbed browsing
Before the introduction of Red Star, Star Web became popular web browser in El Kadsre, after declining of Netspace during the late 1990s.
- 1 (1989) - Initial release.
- 2 (1991) - Windows, Macintosh, and Vortex System support.
- 3 (1993) - Tabbed-browsing.
- 4 (1995) -
- 5 (1997) - Mobile syncing.
- 6 (1999) -
- 7 (2001) -
- 8 (2003) - Modern browser buttons. Added search bar. Redesigned Tabbed-browsing to make easier to use.
- 9 (2005) -
- 10 (2007) -
- 11 and later (2009) - Rapid releases. Android (since version 16) and iOS support.
|This article is a stub.
Please help this article by expanding or finishing it; if you have permission from the page owner. Additional information: None.