TV3 is a Euro Republics commercial television channel, launched on 15 April, 1989 at 8:00 p.m.
TV3 is the Euro Republics’ biggest commercial broadcaster in the country, and is also the most watched channel, having surpassed ETV 1 in 2012.
TV3 is a general entertainment channel owned by EuroMedia, with a significant news and current affairs element under the banner of Three Eyewitness News.
About 55% of TV3's programming is local, most of which airs at daytime and later at night, with British and American shows taking up most of the evening schedule.
TV3 used in-vision continuity from 1989-2002, and was reintroduced full-time in 2011, It was still being used however on Friday and Saturday nights between 2002 and 2011.
- 1 History
- 2 Programming
- 2.1 Current programming
- 2.2 Former programming
- 3 International availability
TV3 launched in 1989 broadcasting an English simulcast of what was broadcasting on the Scandinavian version, although by 1990 it was broadcasting it's own lineup.
In 2001, a HD version of the channel launched.
At first, TV3 only broadcast few HD programmes, with the 2001-02 UEFA Champions League on TV3. In 2005, TV3 began airing all of their Euro Republican programming in HD, along with their sister channels launching in HD. 95% of their schedule was in HD by 2012.
In 2020, TV3 introduced local news, for the first time since ETV dropped the practise in 2007.
On 18th December, 2020, the channel was rebranded as part of a new schedule to introduce a more formal lineup, which co-incited with the re-launch of Sunday night news & current affairs show Hartman after a 15-year absence, and the re-formatting of Three Eyewitness News with a more high-brow and news-focused agenda, while the less serious entertainment & sport features were spun-off into a supplementary show on it's sister channel Fox, called Fox Headline News, airing in the same time slot.
- Three Eyewitness News
- Three Eyewitness News (7:05pm) (1989-present)
- Nightline (midnight) (1991-present)
- Sunrise (1990-present)
- Early Sunrise (1997-present)
- Sunrise Extra (2006-present)
- Fox Headline News (2020-present)
- ITV World News (1989-present)
- ITV Newsdesk (1989-present)
- ITV News At Ten (1989-present; during UK elections)
- BBC News (1989-present)
- Sky News (1989-present)
- Fox News (1998-present)
- CNN (1989-present)
- MSNBC (1996-present)
- The Walt Disney Company
- 20th Century Studios
- Marvel Comics
- MGM Holdings
- Entertainment One
- Most independent producers
- Amblin Partners
- Friday Night Movie (1989-present) (typically family, comedy or sci-fi film)
- Saturday Afternoon Movie (1989-present) (typically "modern classics" movies from the 1980's to the 2000's)
- Sunday Night Movie (1989-present) (typically sci-fi, horror, thriller or action film)
Entertainment and reality
- Big Brother Euro Republics (2001-present)
- Euro Republics’ Got Talent (2008-present)
- Stars In Their Eyes (1991-1996; 1999-2007; 2016-present)
- Dancing With The Stars (2007-present)
- Britain’s Got Talent (2007-present)
- Euro Republican Idol (2003-present)
- The X Factor Euro Republics (2005-present)
- The Simpsons (1990-present)
- Family Guy (1999; 2018-present)
- American Dad! (2005-present)
- Hayden Harris’ TV Burp (2003-present)
- Schweetzman (1994-2005; 2020-present) (also aired on FOX, Spark & Premiere)
- North Springs (1996-present)
- Mintered (1996-1999; 2005-present)
- Mr. Bean (1990-present)
- South Park (1998-present)
- Spitting Image (2020-present)
- Friends (1995-present)
- Seinfeld (1990-present)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (1999-present)
- Supermarket Sweep (2020-present)
- Family Fortunes ER (1992-present)
- Blockbusters ER (1989-2001; 2005-2009; 2020-present)
- Catchphrase (1990-present)
- A or B? (2001-present)
- The Weakest Link (2003-present)
- ArtsClub (2020-present; moved from Spark)
- Line Of Duty (2012-present)
- Bodyguard (2018-present)
- Coronation Street (UK) (1989-present; previously on ETV1)
- Neighbours (AU) (1994-1995; 2003-present; previously on ETV2)
- Hollyoaks (UK) (1996-present)
- General Hospital (US) (1991-present)
- The Young & The Restless (US) (1991-present)
Entertainment and reality
- The Masked Singer Euro Republics (2019)
- Challenge The ER (1995-2020)
- Don't Forget Your Toothbrush (1994-2001)
- Love Island Euro Republics (2019-2020)
- Jack & Suzy's Friday Night Takeaway (2003-2010)
- Some Guys (2016-2021)
- Emmerdale (1989-2020; moved from and back to ETV1)
- Chances (1992-1994)
- Brookside (1989-2003)
- Barcroft (1989-2020)
- The Disney Club (1990-2000)
FOX Kids Saturday Night
- Animaniacs (1993-1997)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1993-1997)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993-1997)
- The Simpsons (1993-1997)
- Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1997)
- The Fix (1989-2011)
- In El Kadsre, TV3 is available on Punto+ channel 505.
- In the UK & Ireland, TV3 and other EuroMedia FTA channels can be manually tuned on BSB.