The Get Along Gang is a 1987 American/Canadian animated television series based on the characters created by Those Characters From Cleveland. It is a follow-up to the 1984 TV series made by DIC Entertainment. DiC co-produced the 1987 follow-up series with Ottawa-based Crawleys Animation, and the series was distributed by Claster Television Incorporated.
Bettina Bush was the sole voice actor to appear in both the 1984 and 1987 series, voicing Dotty Dog. Bettina was flown in to Ottawa every few weeks to record her dialogue (occasionally she recorded in Los Angeles, with Sonja Ball doing scratch tracks for Dotty in Ottawa). The 1987 series used the same theme song as the 1984 series (albeit using the alternate recording of the theme song sung by a chorus of children). Marv Simpleton wrote several of the show's original songs.
When originally broadcast, the 1987 Get Along Gang series was the first children's television program with Dolby Surround sound to air in first-run syndication.
The first season aired in Syndication for 65 episodes. This was then followed by a second season of 13 episodes that aired in the fall of 1988 again in Syndication, and a third season of 22 more episodes simultaneously aired by the RKO Network on Saturday mornings. The series concluded with 100 episodes.
- Martin Berger as Montgomery Moose, Officer Growler, Cousin Wilton
- Bettina Bush as Dotty Dog
- Lisa Lougheed as Woolma Lamb
- Hanako Matsuoka as Zipper Cat, Bernice Bear, Hocus Hare, Miss Deering
- Lili Nizzi as Portia Porcupine, Susie Squirrel
- Sonja Ball as Bingo Beaver, Flora Fox
- Pier Kohl as Catchum Crocodile, Rocco Rabbit
- Rick Jones as Leland Lizard, Pocus Possum
- Les Lye as Mr. Hoofnagel, Schneider Squirrel
- Terry Scammell as Rudyard Lion
- Abby Hagyard as Lolly Squirrel
- John Koensgen as Mayor Bascombe Badger
- Additional Voices: John Tarzwell, Rick Jones, John Koensgen, Les Lye, Bill Luxton, Mike O'Reilly, Donna Farron, Robert Bockstael, Leah Amanda Shiller, Kimiko Matsuoka, John Stocker, Sal Behm, Jeannie Elias, Marilyn Lightstone, Doug Stone, Logan Jay Birrell, Bob Spahia, Henry Corden